Data beats opinion >>> weekly update on alternative data
1. Dataset of the week: Email receipts data.
2. Lessons Learnt: Constructing predictive macro indices based on Google search data.
3. Events: Discussion of recruitment trends in relation to alternative data will be held on 25th July in New York.
4. Dataset access: UK consumer transaction dataset is doing meetings in London next week.
5. Did you know? The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), to be implemented in May 2018, does not prohibit the use of automated profiling, but individuals will have the right to opt out.
6. Articles of the week: 1) Barclays on machine learning in hedge funds; 2) Investors using satellite and cell phone data; 3) The U.S. slowly submitting to the EU’s 2018 privacy law; 4) Citadel hired a new head of AI from Microsoft.
7. Update on Eagle Alpha’s solution.