1. Events: Next major event to be held on March 27th in Hong Kong. We will discuss the practical aspects of alternative data with speakers from Point72, Oasis Capital and Petrel Capital.
2. Dataset Analytics: One of the most popular datasets receiving 1on1 requests at the moment is a clickstream data provider.
3. Data Hunting Advisory: What are the best datasets for upcoming IPOs?
4. Dataset Roadshows: A new employment data provider in NYC on March 23rd.
5. Data Insights: Eagle Alpha’s Data Insights team correctly predicted the recently reported Williams Sonoma results.
6. Bespoke Projects: How can alternative data help in tracking a company’s pricing power and industry competition?
7. Knowledge Center: Contact us to watch the webinar recording on the topic of Natural Language Processing.
8. Featured Articles: 1) Big data analytics: The cloud-fueled shift now under way; 2) Software, not hardware, will catapult big data into a $103B business by 2027; 3) FSDC holds forum to explore how big data and FinTech changed the financial industry.
The next events are:
- March 20th, online meeting: A discussion about how to standardize trial agreements.
- March 27th, Hong Kong: An event to discuss the practical aspects of alternative data including speakers from Point72, Oasis Capital and Petrel Capital. Limited spaces left.
- April 5th, webinar: ESG data use cases.
- April 11th, London: Our data showcase event. The early bird offer ends tomorrow.
- May 30th, NYC: Our first data forum conference.
- May 31st, NYC: Our data showcase event.
Register your interest by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Dataset Analytics
Eagle Alpha is a leading aggregator of alternative datasets.
The datasets that received the most 1on1s during February:
- A web scraping data provider. History: since January 2011.
- A sentiment analytics data provider. History: since January 2012.
- A clickstream data provider. History: since June 2015.
Detailed profiles of these datasets are available to clients of our Data Sourcing package.
Our five person data hunting team is calling data vendors every day to enhance profiles in our database. We currently have profiles on 696 alternative data vendors. The database will soon be available via an API – if you want to build, or complement, an internal catalogue please contact us for more information. Email: email@example.com.
3. Data Hunting Advisory
Every month we host calls with clients to discuss their specific alternative data needs.
Examples of client requests:
- What are the best datasets for upcoming IPOs?
- What are the best sentiment analysis data providers?
- Which alternative data sources can track trends in the media sector?
Contact us to speak to our data hunting team: firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Dataset Roadshows
Every month we host 1-on-1 meetings between asset managers and data vendors around the world.
Upcoming roadshows (March 23rd, NYC):
Employment data provider: This new vendor offers a rich and unique view of the global labour force at a company, industry, and global level. The vendor maps half a billion individuals, more than 10,000 global public companies, and millions of private and non-corporate entities(government, education, military, healthcare, etc.) in order to capture workforce dynamics.
If you would like us to introduce you to this data vendor during their roadshow, please email@example.com.
5. Data Insights
Eagle Alpha’s analysts publish actionable research reports.
Eagle Alpha correctly predicted the recently reported Williams Sonoma results. The company reported quarterly results and outlook that topped wall street estimates after market last night. Revenue rose to $1.68bn beating analyst estimates of $1.6bn. For fiscal year 2018 Williams-Sonoma said it was looking for revenue of $5.475bn to $5.635bn a healthy mark up from the $5.476bn analysts expected. The consensus same-store sales for the quarter was 3.4%, but the company reported 5.4%.
In our February 5th report, we noted that our search index for WSM has jumped in Q4’17 implying upside momentum in the coming quarters.
Contact us to speak to our analysts about this data.
Eagle Alpha’s latest reports:
- China Autos: Bank Card Spend Signals Further Slowdown.
- Samsung: Early Demand for S9 Lags S8.
- Sportswear: Trends in Apparel and Footwear Diverge.
6. Bespoke Projects
Eagle Alpha does Bespoke Projects for clients that are relevant to specific research questions.
For example, how can alternative data help in tracking a company’s pricing power and industry competition?
Previous examples of research questions include:
- How can satellite data be applied in our investment analysis? What are the types of satellite data and how is it used?
- How can Eagle Alpha help me determine the predictive potential of a dataset?
- How can trade data provide insights into quarterly revenues for semiconductor companies?
Contact us to receive examples of how alternative data can address this research question –firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Knowledge Centre
The webinar on Natural Language Processing was prepared by Dr. Derek Greene, Eagle Alpha’s advisor on data science strategy.
- Structured vs Unstructured Text.
- Pre-processing Text.
- Bag-of-Words Model for Documents.
- Term N-grams.
- Measuring Document Similarity.
- Phrase and Entity Extraction.
- Text Classification.
- Sentiment Analysis.
- Topic Modeling.
- Text Generation.
Contact us to receive watch this webinar – email@example.com.
8. Featured articles
Since 2012 we have enabled asset managers to obtain alpha from alternative data – contact us to discuss your needs.