1. When can buyside firms meet the best emerging vendors in each region?
Eagle Alpha’s new event format is titled “Alternative Data – Alpha and Access”. These events are complimentary for buyside individuals to attend. This week, we held an event in Hong Kong at EY’s offices. Contact us for a summary of the event.
• London: October 12th at Simmons & Simmons offices.
• New York: November 29th at Lowenstein Sandler’s offices.
To register for these events, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. What type of advice does Eagle Alpha’s Data Sourcing team provide?
• What are the best alternative datasets to analyse the Russian retail banking sector?
• What are the best datasets for tracking upcoming IPOs?
• What are the best alternative datasets for the automotive industry?
3. What are the upcoming dataset roadshows?
Consumer Transaction Data Provider in London from the 24th – 28th September – Covers both US and UK (new release)
In the UK, don’t miss alpha embedded in purchase patterns, tap into research for unparalleled visibility into £15 Million+ per month in item and SKU-level consumer transaction data. Forecast revenues, track key metrics, and supplement your data with over 500,000 e-receipts per month from private and public companies across a growing UK panel of 110,000+ consumer shoppers. In London from the 24th – 28th September.
Contact email@example.com for more details.
4. Example of new data vendor profile added to Eagle Alpha’s database.
This vendor provides all important actions and statements around major central banks (G8) and their governors in structured format: full data access through API or data download. Users can download end-of-day 1-page summary reports that are automatically generated and can be emailed to users.
5. What are examples of the bespoke type of projects that buyside firms ask Eagle Alpha to do?
Eagle Alpha can estimate employee turnover, mobility and benefits at an industry and company level to help analysts better quantify the strength of human capital in companies they cover.
6. Example of insights from Eagle Alpha’s Data Analytics Team.
Eagle Alpha is pleased to announce the launch of the Eagle Edge platform. Eagle Edge enables fundamental analysts to work with alternative data without the need for additional data engineering and data science.
Eagle Edge is designed with fundamental analysts in mind who will now be able to easily dig deep into alternative data. The visuals for each dataset are unique to that dataset, ensuring the data is positioned for analysts to quickly extract value.
At launch, Eagle Edge will host Eagle Alpha’s proprietary datasets.
– RevCast: A range of predictive indicators for US consumer companies, built using data from a prominent consumer transaction company.
– Search Signals: Indicators of revenue momentum for US consumer companies, built using online search data.
– US Consumer Electronics Data: E-commerce data for major tech and consumer electronics brands, collected through web crawling.
Subsequent to launch, Eagle Edge will integrate further proprietary and third-party alternative datasets, each handpicked for their value to help answer fundamental research questions.
For data owners, Eagle Edge is a gateway to the large market of fundamental funds. As buyside budgets shift from external third party research to more internal research and alternative data, Eagle Edge is perfectly positioned to service this rapidly growing market.
Eagle Edge is available to subscribers of Eagle Alpha’s Data Analytics offering, and available as a free trial to potential subscribers. Data Analytics enables fundamental analysts to work with alternative data through indicators, reports, semi-processed data and analyst access.
“At Eagle Alpha we are seeing an increasing demand for alternative data from fundamental investors. Eagle Edge supports these teams by giving them the most valuable alternative data in a readily consumable format, all supported by Eagle Alpha’s expert team,” said Ronan Crosson, Director of Data Analytics at Eagle Alpha.
7. What are examples of recent reports that provide actionable insights and demonstrate the art of what is possible?
8. What topics have buyside firms requested us to host meetings on?
Datasets for short sellers; tentatively scheduled for Sept 17th.
• Staffing considerations.
• Data privacy update.
• Data quality for specific data categories.
9. What topics have buyside firms requested us to organize working groups on?
• Educating Data Vendors: Second edition of “Sell Your Data To Asset Managers” was published in early September. Please contact us if you would like to download it.
• Standardizing Trial Agreements: Sept. 6th webinar presented the final agreement to data vendors. The final document is published on our platform.
• Standardizing Metadata: Second draft prepared, feedback to be incorporated in the following version.
• Sharing Groundtruth Data: Working group in development.
• Due Diligence Questionnaires: Guidelines for best practices.
If your firm would like to join a working group please contact us.
10. Update for data vendors
• Roadshows: Leverage our unrivalled distribution platform by scheduling an IDO (Initial Data Offering) roadshow in the US, EMEA and/or APAC. Contact us to learn more.
• Events: Showcase your dataset at our upcoming events in Hong Kong, London and New York. Unlike other events we do not have any up-front charges – our model is success based only so our interests are aligned.
• Guide: Be sure to read our 70 page guide about how to sell to the buyside. It is free to download from selldata.eaglealpha.com.
11. Featured articles