- Access & Alpha: Eagle Alpha is delighted to announce our biggest “Access & Alpha” alternative data event to date, in NYC on May 15th, 2019. Join lead sponsor JPMorgan, up to 500 attendees and 100 ‘best in class’ data companies. Please visit our event website for more information and to register. If you would like to learn more contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fundamental Analysis with Social Media and Web Data: online and social media content can be used to analyze consumer trends and sentiment. This data can be used to examine fundamental issues that may impact consumer attitudes to a company or brand. Contact email@example.com to learn more about our case studies.
Events You Should Attend
- Eagle Alpha’s Event Calendar:
- Singapore on March 22nd. This event is hosted by JPMorgan. See the agenda and register your interest here.
- NYC on May 15th. Register your interest at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- London in October. Register your interest at email@example.com.
- NYC in December. Register your interest at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Watch the recap of our previous NYC event here.
- Web data aggregator meeting funds in London on March 4th and 5th.
- Text analytics provider meeting funds in NYC on March 7th and 8th.
- App usage data provider meeting funds in Paris and Switzerland on March 12th and 13th.
- Patent data provider meeting funds in Boston on March 12th and NYC on March 13th and 14th.
- Contact email@example.com to reserve your slot with these vendors.
What Datasets Are Getting Traction?
- Quant: this vendor provides a twelve-month rolling calendar of thousands of future events across 100 diverse categories. The dataset reflects key financial/regulatory events for specific companies. Our Data Sourcing clients can view the full profile here.
- Discretionary: this vendor provides the dataset that quantifies the textual differences between a given company’s annual or quarterly filings on an “as disclosed” basis. Firms breaking from routine phrasing and content in mandatory disclosures give clues about their future performance which eventually drive stock returns over time. Our Data Sourcing clients can view the full profile here.
- New dataset: this vendor provides an AI-driven political risk intelligence platform that measures, analyzes, and forecasts political risks in real time. Our Data Sourcing clients can view the full profile here.
Data Science Lab
- Open Sourcing this week: GraphSage: Representation Learning on Large Graphs – this github repo houses an implementation of GraphSage, an inductive framework for learning representations on graph data, that leverages node attribute information to efficiently generate representations on previously unseen data. Useful for evolving graphs where node embeddings can be generated for newly received data of new graphs.
- What we’re reading this week: My friends gave me their Tinder data – on this Valentine’s day, this surprisingly relevant article discussing the analysis of the author and his friends Tinder data gets into issues of data quality, sentiment analysis, temporal variations in activity, how many emojis should be in messages, all based on analysis done in python.
- Alpha Focus Sessions: we introduced alpha focus sessions on our monthly Data Forum call today. A separate detailed session on Google Trends data is scheduled for February 28th. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to participate.
- Dataset Costs/Pricing: we launched a working group to discuss dataset costs and produced the first draft of the white paper. Email email@example.com if you want to participate.
- Standardized DDQ: the first draft of the document was prepared by Lowenstein Sandler and the document is currently with Simmons & Simmons. Contact us to learn more.
Updates For Alternative Data Vendors
- Free Profile In Our Database: any vendor can receive free leads from Eagle Alpha if they complete a profile on our database. Contact us to learn more: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Data Monetization Seminars: we hosted seminars to educate vendors, VCs and PEs on how to successfully monetize data. Email email@example.com if you would like to participate in future seminars.
- Monthly Webinars: we run webinars covering the topics of datasets in demand, dataset pricing and mapping. Contact us to attend the next webinar on February 28th webinar – firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Event Exposure: Singapore on March 22nd; New York on May 15th, London in October, New York in December. Contact us for further information – email@example.com.
- 2019 Roadshows: now is the time to start planning your roadshows for 2019. Roadshows yield higher conversion rates than any event. According to our roadshows in 2017 and 2018, the conversion rates to trials are over 60%. Contact us to discuss this: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notable News in the Alternative Data Space