Corporate White Paper
- Eagle Alpha published its first whitepaper for corporates and it illustrates how corporates can unlock the potential of alternative data. The white paper includes information on the different types of alternative data categories and case studies. We illustrate how corporates can unlock the potential of alternative data for acquisition, competitive analysis, manufacturing, customer insights, R&D, and more. Download the whitepaper here: https://lnkd.in/gFdYd6r
Vendor Solutions Webinar
- We hosted the eighth monthly episode of our Vendor Solutions Webinar. Our guest speaker, Qaisar Hasan, talked about understanding different business models within the buy-side firms from his experience with onboarding data vendors and shared his top three tips for data vendors.
- A dataset profile that includes sample data and a data dictionary will enable the potential buyer to understand the deliverable and decide if they want to contact the vendor. Historically, dataset profiles that attach sample data and a data dictionary receive more leads than datasets that do not!
To add data dictionary and sample data to your online profile please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vendors can benefit in the following ways by granting Eagle Alpha access to their data:
- More Free Leads: Upload sample data to your free profile on our platform. Profiles with sample data receive higher click-through rates and conversion to trial.
- Get Prioritized:
1) The buy-side now has access to over 1,000 alternative datasets.
2) Data set quality is a leading factor in which datasets are prioritized for testing.
3) Vendors can now leverage Eagle Alpha’s proprietary quality testing tool “Eagle Eye” to verify your dataset quality.
4) Vendors receive product feedback and have sign-off on publishing.
- Access New Users: Eagle Edge democratizes data by allowing fundamental analyst and P.M’s without data-science expertise to access vendor data through bespoke dashboards.
- Grow Your Addressable Market: Eagle Alpha has developed a new solution which solves the access problem for Private Equity, allowing vendors to generate revenue from the due-diligence process.
Data Strategy Workshop
- Share your case studies and win an opportunity to become a speaker for our data strategy webinars. Data strategy webinars are focused workshops for the buy-side clients. Data vendors are presented with an opportunity to talk through their datasets and share alpha case studies to the buy-side client. Upcoming webinar topics:
- August 22nd: App data, technology, and Netflix
Active Data Requests
- Data on the German economy.
- The dataset should be able to better track and understand the health of the German Mittelstand.
- Measures manufacturing output, transportation, hiring trends, etc
- Real Estate Data which analyze data on commercial properties, student housing, residential properties in the US, India, and Europe.
- Analysis of the attractiveness of real estate opportunities and want data on land space, land transactions, # of offices/apartments/houses on the land, lease rates, occupancy rates, commercial tenant profiles, etc.
- Healthcare data sources based on what’s trending, data quality assessment, etc with usage stats.
- A dataset which tracks the momentum of Tiktok in different countries (US, France, UK, Germany, Spain, Canada, Australia, India, Japan).
- A dataset that tracks if the momentum of Tiktok has an impact on Google, Youtube, Facebook.
- Financials and Real Estate in the US, Canada, Europe, HK, Singapore, and Israel.
Login to your Eagle Alpha account and update your dataset product information to generate exposure to the buy-side funds. If you do not have an Eagle Alpha account yet you can create one free of charge at the following link and market your product to the top investment funds.
- Hedge funds are gearing their adoption for alternative data by mining consumer habits from Fitbits to Rokus. From snapping the internet-connected devices like WiFi and Bluetooth to capturing social media sentiment analysis, all kinds of intelligence is being incorporated to make informed decision.‘Capturing signals they emit can show “when and where new things appear in the world,” said Hugh O’Connor, director of data sourcing and partnerships at Eagle Alpha’. Click here to read the article.
- Alternative data can be used to measure geopolitical risk, risks arising from the change of governments. Alternative data providers Geoquant are leveraging AI to deliver political risk intelligence platform. Another geopolitical data provider like Predata quantifies political risks across the globe. Click here to read the article.
- A conclusion from the scientific journal Nature Communication stated that ‘99.98% of people were correctly identified in anonymized datasets using 15 characteristics, including age, gender, and marital status.’ Based on this study, a recent article from MarketWatch highlights that reverse engineering can be performed on anonymous data to identify personal information.
Events You Should Attend
Large Scale Access & Alpha Event:
- London in November.
Contact email@example.com to register your interest for the event.
- The ninth edition of our Vendor Solutions webinar is on August 29th, at 11.30am ET – 12.30pm ET
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register for upcoming webinars.
- Data aggregators meeting funds in NYC on July 31st.
Roadshows yield higher conversion rates than any event. According to our roadshows in 2017 and 2018, the conversion rates to trials are over 60%. Contact email@example.com to arrange your private roadshows with the funds.