- First again! We are extremely excited to announce another pioneering addition to our Data Sourcing solution. Alpha Capture will officially launch at AI & Data Science in Trading Conference September 16th.
- Alpha Capture is the first tool to help buy-side firms identify and prioritize datasets that deliver actionable, alpha-generating data.
- With Alpha Capture, data vendors submit trade ideas or forward-looking use cases based on interesting insights from their datasets, which gives fund managers the first-ever opportunity to value alternative datasets and ascertain, at scale, the real potential for alpha. To read the full press release please click here.
For more information on Data Sourcing or other solutions contact firstname.lastname@example.org
London Alternative Data Event
- Join Eagle Alpha’s event in London on 15th November. Each data vendor has an opportunity to schedule one on one meetings with the buy-side firms. The event will help data vendors to pitch to data buyers and also gain insights on how best to work with buy-side funds through the panel discussion.
Nanalyze’s Press Coverage
- It was great to be captured in Nanalyze’s press release. Nanalyze in their coverage mentioned how Eagle Alpha predicted the market of alternative data, and have been onboarding datasets and also developed a proprietary dataset ‘Ticker Signals’. The article also captures in length the current market and multi-channel buyers of alternative data, and how Eagle Alpha has been playing a continuous role across all channels.
Vendor Solutions Webinar
- This week we were joined by Corey Dean, Vice President at Blueshift Asset Management, LLC , and Natalie Aitken, EMEA Investor Sales Director at App Annie. They shared insights on selling to the buy-side and shared the top three tips to succeed in alternative data space. Our next webinar is scheduled for 26th September.
- Top three tips by Corey Dean
- Be reasonable
- Have a strong “story”
- Provide a high-quality data sample
- Top three tips by Natalie Aiken
- Take advantage of the knowledge of the market
- Use Case presentation targeted to the fund/PM
- Make it easy to test/buy
Contact email@example.com to register for a future webinar
- Data vendors now have the ability to upload documents to their profile. Vendors are encouraged to upload sample data, data dictionary, case studies, legal & compliance documents, whitepapers, and a marketing deck to their profile. A dataset profile that includes sample data, data dictionary, and relevant documents, will enable the buyer to understand the deliverable and decide if they want to contact the vendor.
Active Data Requests
- Commodities datasets with global coverage and Japan
- Data which provides credit default insights
- Data that captures EM capital flows, EM Growth, EM inflation
- Data sets that have at least 5 years back history with strong predictive power in the US, UK and Japanese equity markets
- Data that captures hardware sales
- Data on European malls
Login to your Eagle Alpha account and update your dataset product information to generate exposure to the buy-side funds. If you do not have an Eagle Alpha account yet you can create one free of charge at the following link and market your product to the top investment funds.
Ashby Monk has written an insightful paper on how alternative data can be used by fund managers. The article captures how funds can characterize and access alternative data. The article further delves into how funds can change their approach from traditional data to alternative data to derive value proposition. Ashby also mentions that exploring partnership opportunities with aggregators and providers to stay in this market. Click here to read the article.
In line with GDPR, Google discontinued its ‘Mobile Insights’ service with those wireless carriers who had weak spots in their network coverage. The wireless carriers are obviously not pleased with this decision, but the move has illustrated Google’s focus on data privacy. It was only in 2017 when Google launched this service and provided free to carriers. Click here to read the article.
Is our credit card transaction data private to us? Geoffrey A Fowler conducted an experiment with his credit card, he purchased a banana with it and within few days realized that the transaction became data for hedge funds, marketers, Amazon, Google, etc. The particular incident raises a question on individual privacy to understand and target a consumer. Click here to read the article.
Events You Should Attend
Alternative Data Event:
- London on 15th November.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest for the event.
- The tenth edition of our Vendor Solutions webinar is on September 22nd, at 11.30am ET – 12.30pm ET
Contact email@example.com to register for upcoming webinars.