- First again! We are extremely excited to announce another pioneering addition to our Data Sourcing solution. Alpha Capture will officially launch at AI & Data Science in Trading Conference September 16th.
- Alpha Capture is the first tool to help buy-side firms identify and prioritize datasets that deliver actionable, alpha-generating data.
- With Alpha Capture, data vendors submit trade ideas or forward-looking use cases based on interesting insights from their datasets, which gives fund managers the first-ever opportunity to value alternative datasets and ascertain, at scale, the real potential for alpha. To read the full press release please click here.
For more information on Data Sourcing or other solutions contact email@example.com
London Alternative Data Event
- Join Eagle Alpha’s event in London on 15th November. Each data vendor has an opportunity to schedule one on one meetings with the buy-side firms. The event will help data vendors to pitch to data buyers and also gain insights on how best to work with buy-side funds through the panel discussion.
Vendor Solutions Webinar
- Looking to succeed in monetizing investor data? You don’t want to miss our guest speakers in this month’s webinar on the 19th of September at 11.30 -12.30 ET.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register for a future webinar
- Data vendors now have the ability to upload documents to their profile. Vendors are encouraged to upload sample data, data dictionary, case studies, legal & compliance documents, whitepapers, and a marketing deck to their profile. A dataset profile that includes sample data, data dictionary, and relevant documents, will enable the buyer to understand the deliverable and decide if they want to contact the vendor.
Eagle Eye Reports
- Eagle Eye Reports are live on our Data Sourcing Platform. Funds are now able to log in and view quality reports of the dataset. Eagle Eye is a proprietary tool that enables buyers to assess and explore, the quality and robustness of a dataset, and help to reduce the sales cycle. A data partner can get Eagle Eye testing as a complimentary service.
Active Data Requests
- Datasets that share insights on China Macro Economy
- Japanese datasets
- Datasets that provide insights on commodity and energy space
- Equity index prediction datasets covering sentiments and credit spreads
- Supply chain data
- Accounting shorts datasets
- Hardware sales data
- European mall data capturing market rents etc
- Datacenters: US demand and supply, price per MW
- Cash dataset covering cash in circulation, cash transactions, number of ATMs
- Credit card panel data on revenue estimates, as well as churn/retention by cohorts
- Track price increases and upselling activity
- Commodities datasets with global coverage and Japan
Login to your Eagle Alpha account and update your dataset product information to generate exposure to the buy-side funds. If you do not have an Eagle Alpha account yet you can create one free of charge at the following link and market your product to the top investment funds.
- “Alternative data is going mainstream as fund managers are projected to spend more than $1 billion this year to beat the market averages and stave off the rise of low-cost passive investing.”. Traditional investment managers will need to change their business models to embrace a quantitive approach. Click here to read the article
- FinTech is rapidly exploring alternative data to gain predictive insights, leading example being cryptocurrency which has no sources of traditional data. Bitcoin is leveraging alternative data to study user-profiles and behavior to avoid price manipulation in this sector. Other rapid users of alternative data are capital markets and the insurance sector. Click here to read the article.
- An insightful article on building quantamental systems for investment management. ‘Fundamentals are not just based on ‘fair value’, but can include trends in economic conditions, risk premia, implicit subsidies, endogenous market risks (such as positioning), and price distortions.’ The article also provides guidance on building a proprietary database for relevant and specific investment purposes. Click here to read the article.
Events You Should Attend
- App data provider meeting funds in NYC on the11th and 12 September
Roadshows yield higher conversion rates than any event. According to our roadshows in 2017 and 2018, the conversion rates to trials are over 60%. Contact email@example.com to arrange your private roadshows with the funds.
Alternative Data Event
- London on November 15th
- The ninth edition of our Vendor Solutions webinar is on September 19th, at 11.30am ET – 12.30pm ET
Alternative Data Event:
- London on 15th November.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest for the event.