Data providers with updated profiles, sample data and data dictionary capture over 80% of the sales leads generated from the platform. Data Vendors are encouraged to log into their profile and upload documents to enable buyers to understand the deliverables.
- In September, over 100 vendors added full documentation to their Eagle Alpha profiles.
- Vendors are encouraged to upload sample data, data dictionary, case studies, legal & compliance documents, whitepapers, and a marketing deck to their profile.
- A dataset profile that includes sample data, data dictionary, and relevant documents, will enable the buyer to understand the deliverable and decide if they want to contact the vendor.
Click here to upload sample data
Vendor Solutions Webinar
- Mark Gibbas joins Herman Bots as a panelist for Eagle Alpha’s monthly vendor solutions webinar on October 31st between 11.30 am – 12.30 pm ET.
- Mark is a co-founder and President of Weather Source and has taken it from a small start-up to a leading provider of weather information. Mark will discuss the early years of Weather Source and their journey to become a top-ranked alternative data provider. He will also share insights on developing a pricing strategy.
- Our second panelist, Herman, is Head of Equity at APG Asset Management with a demonstrated successful track record in the management of institutional equity portfolios with full integration of ESG factors. Skilled in Equity Research, Portfolio Management, Corporate Finance, Investment Management, and Leadership.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register for the webinar
Alternative Data Conference
- Join us at our London conference on the 15th of November.
- This innovative event will see 50 alternative data providers and over 150 data buyers come together for a comprehensive one-day event that includes vendor presentations on forward-looking trade ideas, quality test results on vendors, and 1-on-1 meetings.
- An Eagle Alpha referral partner can attend one of our events for free. Contact us to become a referral partner and receive a complimentary London event tickets.
Click here to register for the London event
Data Strategy Webinar
- Share your case studies and win an opportunity to become a speaker on our data strategy webinars. Data strategy webinars are focused workshops for our buy-side clients. Data vendors are presented with an opportunity to talk through their datasets and share alpha case studies with our buy-side clients. Upcoming webinar topics:
- October 17th: Category (Social Media), Sector (Materials), Stock (AMAT).
- November 17th: Social Media
Contact email@example.com to become a speaker of the webinar
Active Data Requests
- New and interesting quant datasets
- Tobacco sales and volumes in the US
- HR-related database and use cases
- Ad spending data covering both television and digital media.
- Data that tracks music corporations.
- Monitoring S&P 500 futures and non-trade/satellite imagery datasets to track oil and gas industry
Login to your Eagle Alpha account and update your dataset product information to generate exposure to the buy-side funds. If you do not have an Eagle Alpha account yet you can create one free of charge at the following link and market your product to the top investment funds.
- ‘Traditional hedge-fund managers now analyse all sorts of data to inform their stockpicking decisions: from credit-card records to satellite images of inventories to flight charters for private jets. But this proliferation of data does not necessarily allow machines to take over the central job of discovering new investment factors.’ Click here to read the article.
- ESG scores are becoming a leading factor for investment managers to incorporate in their investment strategies. Solactive used the data provided by OWL Analytics to develop ESG Big Data Europe Index.’The index strategy seeks to achieve lower volatility and lower drawdowns compared to its benchmark, the Solactive GBS Developed Markets Large & Mid Cap Index.’ Click here to read more.
- AllianceBernstein, a global asset management firm is sending its finance professionals to climate school to focus on climate risk and investment performance. ‘All investment teams at AB will enroll in a pilot program over the next year to learn how to evaluate companies’ risks and opportunities associated with rising sea levels, wildfire hazards, predictive modeling for extreme weather and other potential consequences of climate change.’ This recent development depicts that they are increasing their capabilities to work with alternative data and scientific analysis. Click here to read the article.
Events You Should Attend
Alternative Data Conference
- London on November 15th,2019
- NYC on January 16th,2020
- The eleventh edition of the Vendor Solutions webinar is on October 31st, at 11.30 am ET – 12.30 pm ET.
- The twelfth edition of the Vendor Solutions Webinar in on November 21st, at 11.30 am ET – 12.30 pm ET.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest for the event.