5 spots left for our Alternative Data Conference in London on the 15th of November.
Sign-up now and avail the opportunity to present forward-looking trade ideas and arrange 1-on 1 meetings.
London Alternative Data Conference
- Join us at our London conference on the 15th of November.
- An Eagle Alpha Referral Partner can attend one of our events for free. Contact us to become a referral partner and receive a complimentary London event ticket.
- This innovative event will see 50 alternative data providers and over 150 data buyers come together for a comprehensive one-day event that includes vendor presentations on forward-looking trade ideas, quality test results on vendors, and 1-on-1 meetings.
- See the agenda for London here.
Click here to register for the London event
Vendor Solutions Webinar
- Join our guest speakers to gain key insights into how to succeed in the alternative data space. The webinar will be hosted at 11:30 am EST/8:30 am PDT/4:30 pm BST on the 31st of October. The panel for the webinar:
- Our first panelist Mark Gibbas is a co-founder and President of Weather Source and has taken it from a small start-up to a leading provider of weather information. Mark will discuss the early years of Weather Source and their journey to become a top-ranked alternative data provider. He will also share insights on developing a pricing strategy.
- Our second panelist Herman Bots, is Head of Equity at APG Asset Management with a demonstrated successful track record in the management of institutional equity portfolios with full integration of ESG factors. Skilled in Equity Research, Portfolio Management, Corporate Finance, Investment Management, and Leadership.
Contact email@example.com to register for the webinar
- Over 150 vendors added full documentation to their Eagle Alpha profiles.
- Vendors are encouraged to upload sample data, data dictionary, case studies, legal & compliance documents, whitepapers, and a marketing deck to their profile.
- A dataset profile that includes sample data, data dictionary, and relevant documents, will enable the buyer to understand the deliverable and decide if they want to contact the vendor.
Click here to upload sample data
Registration Open For NYC Flagship Event
- Join us at our flagship event in New York on January 16th
- This will be our first event where all three verticals of data buyers will be catered towards with presentations, workshops and vendor meetings facilitating:
- Buyside Funds.
- Private Equity firms.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to become a speaker of the webinar
Active Data Requests
- Dataset having India as coverage giving insights on:
- factors that affect NSE and BSE
- Data on Indian equities
- US used vehicle pricing/volume
- GOOS pricing and stock-outs
- Tobacco sales and volumes in the US
- Interesting quant datasets covering China, EU, and the rest of APAC
- Dataset to track UPS
Login to your Eagle Alpha account and update your dataset product information to generate exposure to the buy-side funds. If you do not have an Eagle Alpha account yet you can create one free of charge at the following link and market your product to the top investment funds.
- ‘Data from U.S. banks operating in the U.K. showed that, from their peak in 2018 to current day, the banks reduced more than 41% of their job postings, from nearly 1,800 total roles at their 2018 respective peaks, to 1,054 at most the recent tally. Five American banks – Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, JPMorgan Chase, Bank of America and Citigroup – saw job postings decline in the United Kingdom, and at a pace that was far out of line with global banking hiring trends.’ Click here to read the article.
- Michael Kharitonov co-founder of Voleon shares his struggles and subsequent success with machine learning. ‘Machine learning is a hot field of artificial intelligence, where algorithms work in a dynamic fashion, continuously adapting to new data. The methods of the machines can be hard to explain, even for the fund managers presented with a raft of positions. Investors in those funds cannot go to their internal investment committees and talk about how the results were obtained.’ He concludes that for a machine learning to be a success in the investment process, companies will need to knit machine learning their entire process. Click here to read the article.
- ‘Passive funds’ threat to continue drawing more investment away from active managers is escalating cost and consolidation pressures in the industry. Big data is likely to be used increasingly not just to generate market-beating returns, but also improve product distribution and create operational efficiency.’. Click here to read the article.
Events You Should Attend
Alternative Data Conference
- London on November 15th,2019
- NYC on January 16th,2020
- The eleventh edition of the Vendor Solutions webinar is on October 31st, at 11.30 am ET – 12.30 pm ET.
- The twelfth edition of the Vendor Solutions Webinar in on November 21st, at 11.30 am ET – 12.30 pm ET.
Contact email@example.com to register your interest for the event.