Private Equity Whitepaper
- We are pleased to release the 2nd edition of our Private Equity Whitepaper, “Profiting from Alternative Data”.
- As more and more capital flows into private markets, investors are turning to alternative data to gain an edge across deal origination, due diligence and post-acquisition.
Registration Open For NYC Flagship Conference
- Join us at our flagship event in New York on January 16th.
- This will be our first event where all three verticals of data buyers will be catered for with presentations, workshops, and vendor meetings facilitating:
- Buyside Funds.
- Private Equity firms.
Alpha Capture Prediction
- Correct Alpha Capture Prediction from November 7th. The Sales Signal dashboard for DICK’S Sporting Goods (DKS), hosted on Eagle Edge, showed an inflection to the upside in the October quarter. The Sales Signal contrasted with consensus same-store sales, of 2.4% for the quarter, which was down slightly from July quarter levels. DKS reported today with same-store sales strongly ahead of consensus. The stock reacted positively to the news.
- We are thrilled to welcome Mitchell Ulman,CFA as the newest member of our advisory panel. Mitch is an Executive Leader with operating experience across financial services, data and technology-driven businesses. Mitch brings a wealth of business and product strategy expertise, along with a track record of innovation and impact from the rapidly-evolving data industry.
Active Data Requests
- Macro datasets at a country level
- Equity Indices & FICC
- G10 and larger EM countries such as Brazil, Mexico, South Africa, Thailand, Korea, India, etc
- Commodities covering energy, all metals, and agriculture
- Sovereign debt
- Equity dataset on a company level with a history of 5 years:
- Global stock like DM/EM
- NLP, Sentiment, employment data, ESG, patent data, corporate actions, linkages between companies, brand level, and brand confidence
- ALDI and LIDL rollouts by country
- Data for Chewy Inc, Pets At Home Group Plc, Brunswick Corp, Marinemax Inc, Thor Industries Inc, Camping World Holdings Inc, Alarm.Com Holdings Inc, Palo Alto Networks Inc, Zscaler Inc, Ping Identity Holding Corp, Okta Inc, Sailpoint Technologies Holdi, and Nortonlifelock Inc
- Data on company events, economic release calendars
- Datasets with a view on the overall market covering SP500 futures
- Datasets in the US that would identify who a business uses for loans, ACH/wire data and their commercial spend data
- Data around Taxi medallions
- Consumer trend data providers for Taiwan and the Philippines
Login to your Eagle Alpha account and update your dataset product information to generate exposure to the buy-side funds. If you do not have an Eagle Alpha account yet you can create one free of charge at the following link and market your product to the top investment funds.
- “If all you’re doing is traditional fundamental analysis, it’s not enough any more,” said Joyce Chang, chair of research at JPMorgan.’ ‘Nowadays, analysts sift through non-traditional information such as satellite imagery and credit card data, or use artificial intelligence techniques such as machine learning and natural language processing to glean fresh insights from traditional sources such as economic data and earnings-call transcripts.’ Click here to read the article.
- Facing fierce competition from private equities and alternative asset managers, AUM allocated to hedge funds have decreased by 7% this has lead to a shift towards alternative data. ‘70% of hedge fund managers and 56% of private equity funds currently or plan on using alternative data to support their investment process.’ Click here to access the report.
Events You Should Attend
Alternative Data Conference
- NYC on January 16th,2020
- The thirteenth edition of Vendor Solutions Webinar is on January 30th, at 11.30 am ET – 12.30 pm ET.
Contact email@example.com to register your interest for the event.