- Alpha capture is now live behind the vendor login. Vendors can now log in and easily submit trade ideas.
- With Alpha Capture, data vendors submit trade ideas or forward-looking use cases based on interesting insights from their datasets, which gives fund managers the first-ever opportunity to value alternative datasets and ascertain, at scale, the real potential for alpha.
Key Speaker For NYC Conference
- We are thrilled to announce our first key speaker for our upcoming Eagle Alpha Alternative Data Conference in New York on January 16th. Elizabeth Pritchard brings a wealth of industry knowledge and insight into the adoption of alternative data in the investment process in finance. With over twenty years in finance,
- Elizabeth has built a terrific reputation and well-rounded knowledge of the application of external data sources by quants.
- Elizabeth has a keen understanding of how financial firms adopt new technologies and data-driven innovations. We are honored to have her speak at our event on January 16th. Don’t miss the opportunity to hear a key address from Elizabeth.
Few Spots Left For NYC Flagship Conference
- Join us at our flagship event in New York on January 16th.
- This will be our first event where all three verticals of data buyers will be catered for with presentations, workshops, and vendor meetings facilitating:
- Buyside Funds.
- Private Equity firms.
NYC Alternative Data Conference Sponsor
- We are excited to announce S&P Global Market Intelligence as a sponsor of our upcoming Alternative Data Conference in New York, 16th Jan. Thrilled to have onboard Dylan Scheible and team.
Active Data Requests
- Dataset for PTON
- Dataset for NFLX and Disney+
- ESG dataset
- ESG raw datasets focussed on private companies
- High-frequency raw datasets on carbon emissions, climate conditions, operating activities that use sustainable methods, etc
- US telcos:
- High-frequency data to track the number of business customers of US telcos, dollars spend/ customers and services procured by these businesses
- Insurance dataset covering China, UK, and USA
- Track growth of customers, policies, renewal rates, and policy cancellations
- Job growth/postings data, with history going back to 2008
- High-frequency European consumer and business transaction data.
- Dataset capturing single store level transactions covering major cities in the US.
- Macro datasets at a country level
- Equity Indices & FICC
- G10 and larger EM countries such as Brazil, Mexico, South Africa, Thailand, Korea, India, etc
- Commodities covering energy, all metals, and agriculture
- Sovereign debt
- Equity dataset on a company level with a history of 5 years:
- Global stock like DM/EM
- NLP, Sentiment, employment data, ESG, patent data, corporate actions, linkages between companies, brand level, and brand confidence
- ALDI and LIDL rollouts by country
- Data for Chewy Inc, Pets At Home Group Plc, Brunswick Corp, Marinemax Inc, Thor Industries Inc, Camping World Holdings Inc, Alarm.Com Holdings Inc, Palo Alto Networks Inc, Zscaler Inc, Ping Identity Holding Corp, Okta Inc, Sailpoint Technologies Holdi, and Nortonlifelock Inc
- Data on company events, economic release calendars
- Datasets in the US that would identify who a business uses for loans, ACH/wire data and their commercial spend data
- Data around Taxi medallions
- Beverage/liquor consumer transaction data.
- Data to track Roku usage
Login to your Eagle Alpha account and update your dataset product information to generate exposure to the buy-side funds. If you do not have an Eagle Alpha account yet you can create one free of charge at the following link and market your product to the top investment funds.
- As the UK prepares for an unpredictable and financially pivotal election on Dec. 12, investors are arming themselves with alternative data given that pollsters failed to call the last two UK elections and also got it wrong when it came to Brexit and Trump. Investors are turning to news event-driven feeds, social media, web traffic, online search, opinion polls, FX flow data, betting odds and many more datasets to work out how the election might play out. Click here to read the article.
- “If all you’re doing is traditional fundamental analysis, it’s not enough any more,” said Joyce Chang, chair of research at JPMorgan.’ ‘Nowadays, analysts sift through non-traditional information such as satellite imagery and credit card data, or use artificial intelligence techniques such as machine learning and natural language processing to glean fresh insights from traditional sources such as economic data and earnings-call transcripts.’. Click here to read the article.
- US federal regulator has issued a joint statement on how alternative data can benefit in credit underwriting. ‘ Alternative data include cash flow data derived from consumers’ bank account records. The agencies recognize that use of alternative data in a manner consistent with applicable consumer protection laws may improve the speed and accuracy of credit decisions and may help firms evaluate the creditworthiness of consumers who currently may not obtain credit in the mainstream credit system.’ Click here to read more.
Events You Should Attend
Alternative Data Conference
- NYC on January 16th,2020
- The thirteenth edition of Vendor Solutions Webinar is on January 30th, at 11.30 am ET – 12.30 pm ET.
Contact email@example.com to register your interest for the event.