J.P Morgan As Lead Sponsor
- We are delighted to have J.P. Morgan as our lead sponsor for the NYC conference on January 16th.
- Our conference in NYC on January 16th is now reaching capacity. A limited number of tickets are left. Register your interest NOW.
- This will be our first event where all three verticals of data buyers will be catered for with presentations, workshops, and vendor meetings facilitating:
- Buyside Funds.
- Private Equity firms.
Key Speaker For NYC Flagship Conference
We are very pleased to announce Afsheen Afshar as guest speaker for our Private Equity stream at our flagship conference in NY, January 16th. Afsheen is a Senior Business Executive and Deep AI Expert who has started, grown, and led multiple large organizations that executed large-scale technological transformation across a variety of industries and enterprises, associated with hundreds of millions in value. Most recently he was Chief Artificial Intelligence Officer and Senior Managing Director at Cerberus. Afsheen will be discussing how data and technology applies to all parts of private equity.
Eagle Alpha year Wrap
- It’s been another great year for Eagle Alpha. Thank you to all our customers who have helped make this our most successful year yet. This year saw us grow our client list by 84% as we entered new verticals to include private equity and corporate buyers, complementing our existing relationships with buyside firms.
- “The next year is going to be pivotal for the alternative data business,” said Eagle Alpha founder and CEO Emmett Kilduff. “We expect there will be more than 5,000 global alternative datasets of relevance to buyers by the end of 2020.”
Private Equity Stream Speaker
We are very pleased to announce Michael Recce as speaker for our Private Equity stream at our flagship conference in NY, January 16th. Michael is Chief Data Scientist at Neuberger Berman and will be delving into “Alternative Data Adoption: Tackling the Inertia to Change”
Active Data Requests
- Urgently looking for a dataset to track insights on Peloton (PTON) Anything OTHER THAN consumer transaction data or mobile app data. (Maybe ad spend, shipping/delivery data, IoT data, etc.)
- ESG Scores tool that will be able to find any controversies related to the topics below:
- Privacy & security
- Money Laundering
- Bribery & Corruption
- Business Ethics
- Accounting Controversies and Investigations
- Product Safety
- Employee Health & Safety/Other Workforce Related Issues
- Supply Chain Labor
- Supply Chain Environmental
- Vendors who have historical hotel bookings data (price and bookings) in the Bahamas and have history back to 2007/2008.
Login to your Eagle Alpha account and update your dataset product information to generate exposure to the buy-side funds. If you do not have an Eagle Alpha account yet you can create one free of charge at the following link and market your product to the top investment funds.
- ‘New forms of data can foreshadow future financial statement results. For example, job postings can help gauge if expansion plans are on track, social media sentiment can be indicative of brand strength and app downloads may be a leading indicator of customer demand. The proliferation of this data is staggering. This type of data can be used in a couple of ways. Most traditional fundamental investors will analyze it and simply incorporate it into their existing financial models.’ Click here to read the article.
- Buy-side has cut down it’s spending on research by 20% and 30%.’ Research is the niche that’s been buffeted most violently by the forces crashing into the finance industry: technology, regulation and the demands of the marketplace itself. Machines are doing a lot more of the work and investors are piling into passive funds. But it’s European rules known as MiFID II that are behind the most recent wave of job cuts.’ Click here to read the article.
Events You Should Attend
Alternative Data Conference
- NYC on January 16th,2020
- The thirteenth edition of Vendor Solutions Webinar is on January 30th, at 11.30 am ET – 12.30 pm ET.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest for the event.