We are hosting the World’s First COVID-19 Conference Focused On Alternative Data on Tuesday, March 31st. Register To Attend The Virtual Conference.
COVID-19 Data Conference
- The Worl’s first COVID-19 conference focussed on Alternative Data. The conference will be hosted virtually on March 31st. The conference will demonstrate:
Click Here To Access Agenda and Register For the Conference
- A fireside chat with Robin Wigglesworth, Global Finance Correspondent for the Financial Times
- Best-in-class case studies showcasing the impact of COVID-19
- Eagle Alpha’s Coronavirus Dashboards
APAC Virtual Data Conference – April 2020
- We are hosting the Virtual Alternative Data Conference for APAC buyers and vendors on 2nd April 2020.
- Keynote speaker: Berowne Hlavaty, Executive Director of Asia Pacific Quantitative and Derivatives Strategy Team at J.P. Morgan.
- Our buy-side clients are adopting FISD standards. FISD is a neutral forum that has served the financial information industry for over 30 years with 250+ global members. FISD’s working shop, “The Alternative Data Council” was created as part of FISD’s strategic initiative to engage the alternative data community, focusing on establishing best practices and standards for the delivery of alternative data to the investment industry.
•Vendor Tear Sheet – Allows data buyers to quickly understand and assess a dataset.
•Data Dictionary – Describes the contents, format, and structure of a database.
•Compliance Due Diligence Questionnaire – Provides a checklist of critical due diligence questions.
•Web Data Collection Considerations: Terms of Service – Outlines issues and recommendations.
•A couple of other documents in development.
Please contact Eagle Alpha at email@example.com and we will help you fill in the Vendor Tearsheet and Data Dictionary and host them on our Data Sourcing Platform
Static Trial Data
- Buyers Need to Trial Comparable Datasets Quickly & Easily.
- Buyers prefer trial using static data because using live data takes longer.
- Vendors and buyers adopt Eagle Alpha’s standardized trial agreement
- Successful Vendors Make Static Trial Data Available through Intermediaries including Eagle Alpha which shortens the evaluation period.
Active Data Requests
- Footfall data providers in EU
- Credit card data sources for EU
- Car inventory and sales for China
- Energy consumption data providers for China.
- Offline consumption data for China
- Offline foot traffic data for China
- Korean registration data
- Tracking hospital admission in the US, UK, and Europe.
- Data providers that use smart thermometers to capture data
- Data on insurance companies are paying back of the Coronavirus outbreak
- Data tracking the performance of online classifieds
- Car and residential propertyLogin to your Eagle Alpha account and update your dataset product information to generate exposure to the buy-side funds. If you do not have an Eagle Alpha account yet you can create one free of charge at the following link and market your product to the top investment funds.
- ‘U.S. stock-index futures briefly pared losses Thursday morning, but were still holding sharply lower, after a report on weekly jobless claims came in at a record level, reflecting the temporary closures of businesses across the nation due to the coronavirus outbreak.The number of Americans who applied for unemployment benefits last week rocketed to a record 3.28 million, according to the most recent report, from 282,000 claims in the prior week period.’ Click here to read more.
- ‘Amazon says the coronavirus outbreak has caused a surge in online shopping, and now the online giant is adding 100,000 new full-time and part-time positions across the United States to keep up with the demand.’ Click here to read the article.
- ‘The pandemic that has idled scores of commercial flights is having a little-noticed consequence for meteorologists, whose forecasts rely in part on data collected from planes. That means a crucial eye in the sky has weakened just as spring floodwaters rise across North American and Europe, and farmers are preparing to plant wheat, corn, and soybeans.’ Click here to read the article.
Events You Should Atten
Alternative Data Conference
- COVID-19 Data Conference On 31st March 2020
- APAC virtual data conference on 2nd April.
- NYC Conference on 20th May
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest for the event.