FISD is bridging the gap to foster the data to flow through the creation and communication of industry-wide standards and best practices.FISD is fostering collaboration among consumers and vendors through the alternative data council.
Contact us to learn more
FISD: Bridging The Gap
FISD is endeavoring to bridge the gap to ensure the data flow through the adoption of standards and best practices. FISD has collaborated with 42 thought leaders from 32 buy-side firms to make it easier for financial firms to use alternative data.
Key standard elements of FISD cover:
- Data set specifications: FISD tearsheet and data dictionary
- Compliance review: Due diligence document
Documents in the pipeline:
- Web data collection considerations: Terms of service
- Pre-initial meeting checklist
- Rest API standards
- Buyside guide
Contact us to learn more.
COVID-19 Vendor Workshop Recap
- We hosted the COVID-19 vendor workshop on 26th March. 80+ vendors joined the workshop. With the recent COVID-19 outbreak compressing the timelines to onboarding data is critical.
Our guest speaker Elizabeth Pritchard highlighted the importance of adopting FISD standards to shorten the sales cycle.
Key takeaways from the webinar:
- Buyers are demanding a standard way to screen vendors: Vendors must adopt the FISD standard tear sheet, data dictionary, and samples.
- Vendors must adopt FISD standardized due diligence questionnaires for the buyers who need to move quickly.
- Vendors need to provide static trial data available through intermediaries.
- This report is the first in a series of reports published in March 2020 by Eagle Alpha on the use of alternative data to track the impact of the Coronavirus.
- The report captures key takeaways from the COVID-19 conference hosted on March 31st where 35+ speakers contributed and shared their insights.
Active Data Requests
- Understand generic drug perform in a crisis:
- Compare country to country the current impact on generics and how this will impact pharma companies longer term
- Focus countries: Germany, Spain, the UK, Russia, and Italy
- The EU automotive data capturing car listings, sales, and incentives
- Auto’s for EU
- Understand the used car market and new car sales in Europe. (Looking for a MarketCheck for Europe basically)
- Germany a key country to track.
- Volume trends, pricing less so.
- Core data around forward-looking booking’s.
- How many people will be going to the casino’s now or in the future?
- Understand Consumer Spending in the UK:
- Via Web Traffic
- Consumer spending
- Are companies able to fulfill online orders? Fashion retailers etc. (Are they closing warehouses)
- Insurance companies that are paying out on the back of the Coronavirus outbreak
- Energy consumption data providers for China.
- Car inventory sales for China
- Geo-location data provider for Korea
- Tracking hospital admission in the US, UK, and Europe.
- Data providers that use smart thermometers to capture data
- Data on insurance companies are paying back of the Coronavirus outbreakLogin to your Eagle Alpha account and update your dataset product information to generate exposure to the buy-side funds. If you do not have an Eagle Alpha account yet you can create one free of charge at the following link and market your product to the top investment funds.
- ‘While investors like Yong have been using alternative data for years, the coronavirus has prompted a fresh surge in demand for off-the-beaten-path statistics that might shed light on the pandemic’s impact on economies and markets. Interest in Chinese data has been particularly strong as money managers try to get an early read on efforts to contain the virus and reboot the world’s second-largest economy.’ Click here to read the article.
- ‘China has concealed the extent of the coronavirus outbreak in its country, under-reporting both total cases and deaths it’s suffered from the disease, the U.S. intelligence community concluded in a classified report to the White House, according to three U.S. officials.’ Click here to read the article.
- ‘Luckin Coffee Inc. IK shares sank 81% in Thursday trading after it formed a special committee of three independent directors to investigate “misconduct, including fabricating certain transactions” that spanned the second through fourth quarters of 2019 and involves RMB2.2 billion (about $310.1 million).’ Click here to read the article.
Events You Should Attend
- Vendor solutions webinar on 23rd March at 11.30 – 12.30 ET.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest for the event.