Key Takeaways Day 1 Of Virtual Data Conference
- Download the Key Takeaways from Day 1 of our Virtual Data Conference! Eagle Alpha hosted the largest virtual data conference to date across four half-days and featured over 75 speakers from the 19th to the 22nd of May. The conference attracted over 900 registered attendees from a diverse range of sectors, including data vendors, hedge funds, private equities, corporates, government agencies, and central.
- This report features key observations from Day 1 keynotes and use cases from private equity firms, buyside firms and corporate advisors.
- Doug Laney mentions Eagle Alpha in Forbes this week in his article “Data Monetization: New Value Streams You Need Right Now.’The most obvious method to monetize data is to sell it, or rather license rights to it instead of exchanging sole custody of it.’
He mentions that data marketplace or exchanges like Eagle Alpha can help vendors to monetize their data by handling marketing and sales, sharing of sample data and provide access to datasets or APIs.
The Data on Data – Man Group and Eagle Alpha Paper
Man Group and Eagle Alpha co-authored a new paper ‘The Data on Data’. Given the huge interest to date in the paper we are pleased to host Hinesh Kalian on a dedicated webinar that will delve into the key takeaways of the paper.
When: Monday June 15th at 10:00 EST / 15:00 GMT
If you have not already requested a copy please do so here.
Active Data Requests
- ESG data for China and Hong Kong
- Raw text of aggregated news stories – headline and full body of underlying text
- Ad spend and residential housing data in the US
- Credit card transaction and value data
- US and Canada gas station purchasing transaction, value and gas versus in store
- TRUPanion transaction and value data and cohorts
- EU Telco churn, gross add, net add data
- Tourism in UAE data – arrivals, departures, revpar, occupancy, spend
- German online pharmacy
- Small business data in Spain
- European coverage data for credit card, online traffic and social media
- Bank account payment level data on direct deposits (i.e. recurring income) vs mainly bill pay out (recurring expenses)
- Luxottica retail chains in the US in terms of finding out how sales are trending for some of their stores (Lenscrafters, Sunglass Hut, Oakley,etc)
Login to your Eagle Alpha account and update your dataset product information to generate exposure to the buy-side funds. If you do not have an Eagle Alpha account yet you can create one free of charge at the following link and market your product to the top investment funds.
- ‘Coronavirus may have slammed the IPO window shut, but it wouldn’t last for long. Vroom’s monster debut only seems to be whetting bankers’ and investors’ appetites for initial public offerings, and reports emerged this week saying software startup Snowflake, currently valued at $12 billion, would look to make its market debut in 2020 as well.’ Click here to read the article.
- ‘Job losses were more moderate at small businesses, many of which received government assistance in the form of the Paycheck Protection Program. Payrolls at companies with fewerthan 50 employees shrank by 435,000. Large businesses shed 1.6 million jobs while medium businesses reduced headcount by 722,000.’ Click here to read the article.
Events You Should Attend
- Vendor solutions webinar on 25th June at 11.30 – 12.30 ET
- Virtual data conference on 8th, 9th, 10th of September,2020
Contact email@example.com to learn more.