Yesterday on Thursday 30th July we hosted our vendor solutions webinar. We were joined by Danny West, Jessica Singer, Max Abend, and Peter Greene. The panel discussed the value of adoption of standardized DDQ & Trial Agreement, which aim to help streamline the legal and compliance process and shorten the sales cycle for data vendors. To learn more about FISD standards contact our team.
Key Takeaway From Vendor Webinar
Yesterday, we Eagle Alpha was joined by over 50 vendors for a panel discussion on how standardizing the Data Due Diligence Questionnaire and (DDQ) and Trial Agreement helps both buyers and sellers of data.
- Danny West, Vice President & Senior Counsel, Two Sigma
- Jessica Singer, Associate General Counsel, King Street Capital Management, L.P.
- Max Abend, Vice President at PDT Partners.
- Peter Greene, Vice-Chair, Investment Management, Lowenstein Sandler LLP
Key takeaways from the panel discussion:
- Panelists agreed that between 60% to 80% of the administrative work related to vendor dataset Due Diligence could be semi-automated.
- The panelists agreed that FISD Data Due Diligence Questionnaire is a significant step towards realizing these efficiencies.
- Vendors with a comprehensive compliance pack which includes the standardized Data Due Diligence Questionnaire will be prioritized, because it makes it much easier for the legal team reviewing them to make a decision.
- Adopting a standardized trial agreement will not be as straight forward, but it will help streamline the redline process for both buyers and vendors.
To learn more about the discussion contact our team.
Registrations Open For September Virtual Data Conference
Our September Virtual Conference continues to build and grow with presentations from 50 data industry leaders and over 100 data providers.
Join us for 3 half days of all-new insights from industry and data experts.
- All New! 1-1’s available during sessions throughout the day.
- Two Exclusive Client Events: Advanced access to new buyers and a virtual wine tasting event at the end of the 3 days.
If you would like to attend and promote your company to a range of buyers register your interest
Industry experts and data providers will be discussing progressive and differentiated topics surrounding ESG. This roundtable will be held on August 20th at 10 am EST.
- ‘Crucial for a sustainable recovery is confidence that the virus is no longer out of control, and Europe’s relative success may help encourage shoppers to spend and businesses to invest, further propelling demand and growth. The region has also done a better job of protecting jobs and incomes, at least for now, with furlough programs keeping millions of workers on payrolls.’ Click here to read the article.
- ‘During normal times, traditional economic data work fine, offering reliable insight into growth, employment, prices and all sorts of other aspects of the U.S. economy. The drawback is that delays of as long as a month or even a quarter make some of the data of limited use during times like these, when a pandemic has thrown the entire economy off kilter. So there’s a case to be made for the merits of alternative data — everything from new infection rates to apartment rental rates near college campuses — which can offer daily reads of the state of the economy, provided they are used with the appropriate caveats. ‘ Click here to read the article.
Events You Should Attend
- ESG Roundtable on 20th August at 10.00 – 12.30 ET
- Vendor solutions webinar on 27th August at 11.30 – 12.30 ET
- Virtual data conference on 8th, 9th, 10th of September,2020
Contact email@example.com to learn more.