This Week’s Highlights
- Vendor Webinar Key Takeaways.
- Book Your Space Now For Winter Virtual Data Conference December 1st – 4th, 2020: 1st Annual Data Hackathon Will Debut On Demo Day!
- Data Strategy Update
If you are interested to learn more, please contact us.
Vendor Solutions Webinar
Yesterday we hosted our October vendor solutions webinar that focussed on the problems that corporate buyers are trying to solve with external data. The panel discussion was chaired by Natalie Aitken, Head of Corporates, Eagle Alpha and joined by:
- Jennifer Strauss, Data Innovation & Strategy and Ex Global Leader, Alternative Data at Dun & Bradstreet
- Vishy Sivakumar, Manager, Growth Analytics & Strategy at Cisco
- Walid Hadid, Head of Big Data & AI at Three
- A sudden change and shift in consumer behavior has led the corporates to rethink radically and modify, diversify their products that leverage external data to navigate through this period.
- Corporates are re-thinking growth from existing customers and specific customer perspectives and external data is helping to answer the biggest questions like transformation journey and understand competitors. The real value can be realised by blending external data sets with internal data. The key challenge in achieving this is typically in the extract, transform, and load process (ETL).
- Common use cases for corporates are understanding customer trends, share shift of purchasing trends, and ultimately developing a deep knowledge of their existing and potential customers
If you are interested in attending our future webinars please register your interest and we will send you a calendar invite
Our 1st Data HackaThon Will Debut Dec 1st, 2020!
Our Data HackaThon will be a groundbreaking competition featuring teams of data vendors and alpha testers presenting a blended data solution to the buyer challenge. Don’t miss this main event on Day 1: Demo Day of our winter virtual conference. Format and entry details can be requested here.
Enter today to join a team! register.
Updates From Data Strategy
October was one of the busiest month’s yet for the Data Strategy team. Among the most popular content was our US election workshop, our overview of alternative use cases for software stocks and our long-form article, The Low Down on Consumer Transaction Data, where our senior analyst Brendan Furlong discusses the insights he has gleaned on consumer transaction data over the years.
- Bank of America’s survey of fund managers found that 59 percent of investors who said they use alternative data had been doing so for less than two years. Web-scraped was the most popular type cited by surveyed investors, followed by geo-location, social-media, and credit-card data..’ Click here to read the article.
- ‘After gaining traction in the latter half of September, economic activity has again weakened in October, particularly in European countries, according to Bloomberg Economics’ gauges that integrate high-frequency data such as mobility, energy consumption, and public transport usage.’ Click here to read the article.
Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter!
If you’re not already following us on social media, we post all our latest news, content and upcoming conferences and webinars every week.
Stay up to date on the latest Alternative Data information by following our pages: