“93% of investors believe alternative data will change the investment process” (JP Morgan Survey, 2017)
Date: 30th November 2017
Location: FactSet, Broadgate Quarter, One Snowden Street, London.
This one-day event will detail how equity investors can use alternative data.
FactSet, a gold sponsor of the event, will host at their London offices.
Asset managers interested in alternative data are booking tickets because they:
- Want to learn how to incorporate alternative data into their equity investment process.
- Want to catch up with the innovators and early adopters.
- Don’t want to be left behind.
- Are looking for new sources of alpha.
- Are tired of traditional research from investment banks.
- 08.15am: Welcome.
- 09.00am: Alternative data adoption, trends and observations.
- 09.30am: Overview of the most common alternative data categories for equity investors.
- 10.30am: Unique datasets coming to market.
- 11.00am: Refreshments.
- 11.15am: Hands-on work with datasets (raw and processed).
- 12.15am: Examples of actionable research based on alternative data.
- 1.15pm: Lunch.
- 2.00pm: Examples of actionable indicators based on alternative data.
- 2.30pm: Examples of bespoke research questions.
- Case studies (for both short term and long term equity investors).
- 4.00pm: A panel discussion on the day. Speaker: Mark Ainsworth (Schroders), two others (TBD).
- 5.00pm: Cocktails and networking.