Bespoke Projects is for tough research questions which require additional time and expertise to deliver answers.
Examples of what bespoke projects can include:
- Data source recommendations: given a proprietary research question, Eagle Alpha will suggest data sources you may have never considered. We can make introductions to data vendors who meet regulatory compliance and legal standards. If not already familiar with the data provider, Eagle Alpha can perform due diligence and evaluate data pricing. Note that some datasets are free and that datasets with an associated paid-for service fall into three baskets (up to $20,000, $20,000 – $80,000, > $80,000). Eagle Alpha can negotiate data trials for paid services.
- Dataset evaluation: evaluate the predictive power of a data set. Eagle Alpha can identify alpha generating capabilities of datasets by levering our 4+ years of experience working with alternative data.
- Data access: Eagle Alpha can help you access data by setting up APIs, data feeds, and/or cloud storage.
- Analytical programs: Eagle Alpha can identify and set up the most appropriate analytical programs for specific research questions and datasets.
- Crawled data: source proprietary data from the web using web crawling. Eagle Alpha has been crawling the web since 2015 and can work with its crawling partner to execute your projects in a legally compliant fashion. Web crawling projects could focus on gathering price and market share figures for consumer goods, monitor store locations and hours of operation, or any other company relevant information you would like to monitor. Eagle Alpha can also help identify historical data for backfill.
- Search indicators: build custom indicators based on search data. For example, Eagle Alpha can build a demand indicator for an enterprise or retail product, or for macro topics such as wage inflation and mortgage applications. Eagle Alpha has been building online search based indicators since 2014.
- Product launches / brand sentiment: track consumer interest in product launches or brand sentiment. For example, Eagle Alpha could produce a monthly report that summarizes consumer interest in Adidas footwear versus Nike footwear. Eagle Alpha’s Web Queries tool is able to query 90 million web sources to identify ongoing conversations, topics of discussion, and sentiment.
- Experts: find the experts on any topic. Eagle Alpha’s recommender system can identify experts on even the most obscure topics. Eagle Alpha can set up news and blog feeds to monitor commentary from these experts, as well as identify means to contact them directly.
- Training: can be provided on any of the data types available to investors; on programs such as Tableau, R, and Python; and on analytical processes used to identify predictive capabilities of datasets.
- Recruitment: job spec creation, introductions to headhunters and candidates, screening candidates, interviewing and recommending hires.
Bespoke projects are managed by Shannon Callan. Shannon was Director of Equity Research at TCW Group, a $185bn investment manager based in LA. Shannon has been working with alternative data since 2011.
The process for bespoke projects is as follows:
- A brief discussion of your research questions and goals.
- Eagle Alpha presents a needs based proposal including the scope of work to be done, associated costs and time frame.
- Once an agreement is reached on a plan of action, and bespoke project credits are purchased, work on your project commences.
Contact Us to discuss your needs: