Date: 5th December 2017
Location: Lowenstein Sandler, Midtown offices, NewYork.
Following Eagle Alpha’s successful data showcase events in New York and London, we are proud to announce our first BIG alternative data showcase event.
The event will showcase 50 hand-picked alternative data vendors from our database (currently 642 vendors).
Lowenstein Sandler, a gold sponsor of the event, will host at their midtown offices.
- Don’t miss out on meeting 50 of the best alternative datasets, including datasets that are new and coming to market.
- It is the most efficient way to meet 50 data vendors.
- Can schedule 1-on-1s with data vendors for the week commencing 4th December.
- Learn insights from two panels. Panelists include Paul Booth of Blackrock, Evan Reich of Blue Mountain, Mitchell Ulman of Two Sigma, Chris Petrescu (gardening leave from WorldQuant), Tomas Bok of Wellington, Robert Morse of PDT Partners, Brian Peltonen of Fidelity Investments and Stewart Stimson of Jump Trading.
- Attend pre-event drinks and obtain detailed information on each data vendor post-event (clients only).
- Like to see which competitors are attending.
- Are interested to listen to questions asked by their counterparts at other firms.
How Does Eagle Alpha Select The 50 Data Vendors?
Our selection committee hand-picks data vendors based on the following principles:
- Select data vendors that have not yet pitched to any buyside firm.
- Pick data vendors that have recently come to market but are not yet well known.
- Include datasets where Eagle Alpha is the exclusive distributor.
- Pitch Eagle Alpha’s proprietary and semi-proprietary datasets.
- Present Eagle Alpha’s proprietary datasets e.g. a Google-based dataset that provides signals for tickers.
- Consider datasets that are about to come to market.
- Ensure representation from several of the 24 categories of alternative data e.g. consumer transactions and geo-location.
- Reserve slots for several data vendors from outside the US.
- Avoid data vendors that are well known to the majority of the buyside. These may be sponsors but not presenters.
*Please note that the names of the data vendors will not be disclosed prior to the event.
10 examples of the 50 datasets:
- Launch of a new consumer transaction dataset that is predictive of revenue and same-store sales for 70 US consumer stocks.
- Launch of a new dataset, based on Chinese credit and debit card data, that is predictive of revenue for Chinese and international stocks.
- First presentation in NYC by this Asian based shipping dataset.
- A new shipping dataset, from a UK company, that only recently started marketing to the buyside.
- A new sentiment dataset, from a European company, that only recently started marketing to the buyside.
- A dataset that provides signals for US B2B, luxury, retail and restaurant stocks based on online search data.
- A leading employment dataset that is mapped to 3,500 US tickers.
- An email receipt dataset that is mapped to 600 US merchants and will update the audience on a recent corporate action.
- A dataset based on a marketplace for charterers, ship owners, and brokers in the dry bulk, tanker, and gas markets.
- A trade data provider that has data at the macro level and more recently at a ticker level.
*Attendance is capped at 180 places.
Our final tickets at a reduced rate ends on the 17th of November.
*Please note that clients of our Data Sourcing package will receive two tickets for free.