Date: 5th December 2017
Location: Lowenstein Sandler, Midtown offices, NewYork.
Following Eagle Alpha’s successful data showcase events in New York and London, we are proud to announce our first BIG alternative data showcase event.
We are handpicking up to 50 of the best and most relevant alternative data vendors to pitch to buyside firms on the 5th of December, 2017, in New York.
The day will include 1-1 meetings with vendors, presentations of unique datasets along with a panel discussion with data procurement professionals.
Lowenstein Sandler, a gold sponsor of the event, will host at their midtown offices.
*Please note that clients of our Data Sourcing package will receive two tickets for free.
Professionals focused on the procurement of alternative datasets are booking tickets because they:
- Don’t want to miss out on meeting 50 of the best hand picked alternative datasets.
- Like to see which other firms are attending.
- Are interested to listen to questions asked by their counterparts at other firms.
- Want to learn insights from a panel of data procurement professionals e.g Chris Petrescu
- Can schedule 1-on-1s, attend pre-event drinks and obtain detailed information on each data vendor post event (clients only).
How Do We Select The 50 Alternative Data Vendors?
Our selection committee hand-picks data vendors on the following principles:
- Avoid data vendors that are well known to the majority of the buyside.
- Pick data vendors that have recently come to market but are not yet well known.
- Select data vendors that have not yet pitched to any buyside firm.
- Include datasets where Eagle Alpha is the exclusive distributor.
- Pitch three of Eagle Alpha’s quasi-proprietary datasets e.g. the first ticker level datasets based on data from top global credit card company.
- Present Eagle Alpha’s proprietary datasets e.g. a google-base dataset that provides signals for tickers.
- Consider datasets that are about to come to market.
- Ensure representation from several of the 23 categories of alternative data e.g. consumer transactions and geo-location.
- Reserve slots for several data vendors from outside the US.
*Please note that the names of the data vendors will not be disclosed prior to the event,
*Attendance is capped at 165 places.
Super Early Bird Tickets are now available until the 15th of September.